Do you know the mystery of Seom-gang Bridge mystery? When riding a Seom-gang Bridge at night, you can see the ghost. Seom-gang Brigde is in the Yoeong-dong expressway and located in the boundary of Gangwondo and Gyeonggi-do and when you come out the Gangcheon tunnel, you can see the Seom-gang Bridge. The reason why you can see the ghost, because the bus overtake the front car, when the bus got up speed, the bus slided, and it fell to the Seom-gang. A lot of people was swept away, because of lot of rain, and only 4 man was saved, 25 people was died. Now, new Seom-gang Bridge made in beside, and expressway expanded 4 line, but you can see the ghost until disappear the resentment.
I have not heard about this story. I want to figure out wherther this is true or not. You are saying like you believe this story. The bus incident could be a true stroy, but I think the story about ghost is just a myth to make other people scared. What do you think? Any specific evidence for this story?
I think it's like a Gojong's mystery when I told the class. The Gojong's mystery can be a mystery because there are no evidence the Japanese killed Gojong by poison. So, it can be a mystery so some insists there are living a ghost, when you search seom-gang bridge, you can find the mystery easily. 201232276 송윤우
I always think that the ghosts really exist near us~ And they usually are trying to say something to us some messages, I think. Is Seom-gang Bridge mystery also like this case? Maybe?
I think these kind of mystery make people see the ghost. Ghost is playing through the thinking of human. If we believe there is a ghost, we will see them and if we don't afraid of ghost, we don't receive any affect from them. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
My parents are a little lenient. They let me have or do anything that I want. Sometimes they are strict but they are lenient in principle. They believe that I will behave right-mindedly anywhere. So I can’t lie to my parents. When I do a trivial lie, I prick at my conscience. When I go to MT, I tell my parents the day before but they don’t doubt of that. When I have to pass night without sleep in school, I tell the situation a few hours ago but they believe me. I appreciate to my parents that believe me anytime. Except some rules, parents permit most of my request. It is comfortable to say honestly to my parents. So I can assure my honest life. If I bear a child, I will discipline my children like my parents. I will believe my children but I will apply a little strict restriction also.
The limitless freedom can spoil the child, but appropriate freedom can enhance the child. So, I think your parents education about you is very good. 201232276 송윤우
My opinion is almost same as classmate Mr.송 and your parents, but I'm worried about abused situation. I think you have a kind disposition that you couldn't lie to your parents. But if some children want to deceive their parents, those parenting style can also spoil them. And...... I want to know your opinion about final sentence. When will you apply strict rule to your babies? Thank you for sharing your story :-)
Politeness is important to me. If my children behave badly, I will restrain those behaviors. But, exactly I don’t know how to nurture the kids and I don’t have any children. So I don’t know how I will change. Just my writing’s topic is that I will respect my children and appreciate them but the responsibility of that is given to them.
My parents are very strict, so I really envy you.. you know I have a curfew around midnight even though I'm a man..Can you believe it? No way. Based on this family background, I have been grown about 24 years.. so, In my opinion, Parents should find a middle point for raising their kids. Not too much generous and Not too much strict. It totally depends on parents. For the definitely bad behavior, parents must be strict, but for the kids's small mistakes or faults that they don't know, parents must be generous. By doing that, kids will have a proper values. 201033230 김현민
First I really envy you. My parents rarley allow me to stay out overnight. After the final exam, I have a plan to stay with my friends in a condo but I doubt whether my parents let me go there. Of course I understand them because these days there is so much crime around us. But I really want to hang out with my freinds in there. I'm very anxious about this problem.
It's good that your parents belive you in anytime. My parents trusts me in anytime too. When I see my friends who has strict parents who doesn't trust, I can see the realationship between them are not the same as mine. More over, my friend lie to them even though she doesn't have to. When they trust you more, you act more trustful and have some guilty when you lie a little bit. But I think you don't have to! Becoming older and older you will find the right point.
Last November 9th, in Scotland, 58 old man Rochard Collis claims that he took video of Loch Ness Monster. He saw the something strange in the west of Loch Ness, so he took the video. This news is noticed by Mirror, the daily megazine of U.K. And I saw that news in the Facebook. I watch that video too. And that video can be found in the Utube. In this video, there was long something in Loch Ness. And it was floating on the Loch Ness. I think 'what is that? Is this real Loch Ness Monster?'. It looks like real, and many people was interested with it. So many scientist tried to show the Loch Ness Monster. But I don't believe that. Because all of things that look like Loch Ness Monster was just floating on the Loch Ness. All of things was never moving, just floating. Why? It is not monster, not animal that have long neck, not living something. Moreover, it has not sound. It doesn't growl, doesn't bark. JUST FLOATING. So I think it is not monster, and I think there is not any Loch Ness Monster.
I searched that video in Utube and saw it. The video isn't clear enough to figure what the thing is. I think it looks like just branch floating around. I think Rochard Collis overstated fact.
I’m not sure whether this video is true or not but I heard that people tend to believe what they imagine and what they saw in the past. For example, we may know that every country have different ghost shape. That mean, their opinions are different as per experiences that they imagined or saw some images about ghost in TV. I guess that the video about monster might be applied to this.
I agree with yours. I don't believe Loch Ness Monster. Maybe it would be maden by someone. He or she wanted to make himself or herself famous. 201231851 조상희 (John)
Recently Ministry of Health and Welfare officials said, perhaps we might charge a tax to singles after few years. This statement is becoming very popular on the Internet. A lot of Korean singles are very annoying about that. So Ministry of Health and Welfare officials explained that it’s kind of joke and he just intended to emphasize the serious low birth rate. but I think it doesn't sound joke.
Of course, we have serious low birth rate and we are in the bottom 10% nationally in OECD. But I think single tax is not a good policy to raise the birth rate. Actually, Korea is not a good country to have a baby. Kids and adolescents’s level of happiness is very low in OECD, and child rearing expenses are very expensive. But governments are just being pushed to have children in such situations. It’s totally illogical.
if government is trying to make a good country to have a baby, many Koreans got marriage and have a baby. We have to make a practical supporting policy for singles and everyone who has a child. Instead of single tax. I think singles are not a targe of an attack, we have to support them.
I agree with your opinion. I searched for this topic on the Internet. Already there is a difference between single and family in Korea. For example let’s suppose that there are two people who earn three hundred million won monthly. One is a single and the other has a family. First, single pays 88510 won as an income tax. But one who has a partner and two children pays 18810 won. There is a distinct difference between two. It’s because Korea administrative system is designed based on the family. However these days, singles are increasing more and more so we have to prevent these single’s disadvantages.
I agree with your opinion. I also think that a single tax is not fair and sounds like drastic policy. If they want to do that kind of policy, all of their reasonable policies should be preceded. Also, it is clear that Korea actually has low birthrate in OECD and we should overcome that problem for our future. Our future problems can be connected with national pension in the long run. If low birth rate continues, pensioners are also disappearing. That mean we may have difficulty in getting a benefit.
Did you see the movies "Interstellar"? In Interstellar, the world is totally broken. People especially young children suffer from a chronic disease such as asthma because they can`t live in pleasant surroundings. So they go to the universe and try to find a new home for terrestrial people. After I saw the "Interstellar", I realize there are a lot of phenomenon that can`t be explained by science.
So I also believe U.F.O. The record that unconfirmed flying object was discovered to many people in the time of King Gwanghae really exist. I think the U.F.O is the spaceship which is from the far galaxy. There is no exact answer for everything in the world. Science is just the tool to explain the things which is discovered by us.
So do you believe that descendant can explain the mystery phenomenon like U.F.O? Do you believe the U.F.O exists in the reality? Don’t you think that the record that wrote in time of King Gwanghae is manipulated? How do you think?
I said that there are a lot of pheonomenon that we can`t explain with our present science-knowledge level. For example, can you explain the theory of black-hole accurately? Also, can you explain how can the black-hole occur? And you said that the record which was written in the time of King Gwanghae might have been manipulated. But the stenographers could not manipulate the record. They had the obligation that they had to write every-things ,the whole truth. Every people except the stenographers (even the King) could not touch that record and could not read that record. And why are they necessary to maniplate the record like that? They didn`t need to do that~
Just scooping a single glass of water from the ocean and believing that there are no fish in the ocean can be inconsequent reasoning. I think we study some part of the universe and admit that there is no alien in the universe. So I agree with you that science only can solve this problem. I just want to tell that before the science solve the screet of the infinite universe, we shouldn't assume that there was nothing except human.
...I couldn't see that movie.... I just heard about that movie's fame...... Please, write down the phrase like, 'it has spoilers'.... :-( Anyway, I studied about UFO, when I was freshman. After searching, I conclued that UFO can be exist. Too many mysteris and strange phenomenons are exist in ths world. So I also think science is just tool to help people, 'NOT ABSOLUTE METHOD'. 201033152 김태수 / Jason
Do you know the Cheonji monster? It is the name given to what is said to be a lake monster that lives in Heaven Lake which is located in the peak of Baekdu Mountain. The first reported sighting was in 1903. It was claimed that a large buffalo-like creature attacked three people, and more than a hundred people reported the sighting. They might think it was a monster.
However I have different opinion. I know the Loch Ness Monster story has given a lot of commercial benefits to local people. After the story has become famous, many tourists visited that area. For this reason I don’t believe the Cheonji monster’s existence. I think Cheonji monster was made by someone who wants to obtain commercial benefits as a tourist attraction.
I agree with you. There is no specific evidence that make us believe the monster's existence such as pictures, videoes. Isn't it? It is really hard to believe. Maybe some people made it on purpose.
I totally agree with you. i think cheonji monster is a fake object to attract tourists. there is no clear evidence. i saw the cheonji monster picture on the internet. but i can only see tiny black object and even it's not clear. so i also think people(chinese) made that story and manipulate the picture. if they made a story about monster lives in cheonji, many people are curious about that place and want to go there. 201031142 박미연(michelle)
But I heard that Cheonji monster picture was revealed as totally lie. The reason that I think the U.F.O is real is that there are many historical records in the past..about U.F.O! If there are many believable records about Cheonji monster.. it will be not only an tourist attraction but also real fact.
Have you had your SAJU before? There are many type of SAJU. We can see easily tarot card, the lines of the hand, and physiognomy. Many people have a try them. Above all of them, I think, tarot card is very popular. Because those just wanting to have a little fun often get their tarot cards. Also many tarot cards are done in SAJU cafes. So we drink coffee and do tarot card. Some of people don't believe tarot card. They say Taro card has no credibility. I had some sympathy with his argument. But it is just superstition. We did it just for fun. 201032109 오동훈(Tom)
I don’t believe the SAJU also. But, people need to depend on something. I think that people want to believe the good things than bad things. So the people that tell the future don’t tell the bad things to customers. So the customers are delighted to SAJU. I agree with your opinion. Although the SAJU is lie, we don’t need to think that the SAJU is lie. Just, we have only to accept good things and think that is just funny.
I believe easily that kind of things such as saju, tarot, the lines of the hand and so on. Two years ago, I went to saju café and did tarot card just for fun at first. But I began to believe it. So I still remember and worry it especially bad things. If there is someone like me, I want to tell them don't go to the tarot cafe.
I agree with you. Many people use Tarot cards to predict what is going to happen in the near future. It is really interesting that we can forsee something. I also want to go that SAJU cafe for fun but I don't really believe SAJU. It's hard to believe because it is not scientific. And I think taking fortune-telling seriously is not good for our mental health.
I don't believe SAJU either. Because it's not possible to know what is going to happen. Like Lien said people want to rely on SAJU. For example, when something important thing is coming, some people used to go to jumjip(점집). They trust about SAJU but I think they want to lean on it.
I don't believe SAJU either like Neal. But, I heard that Tarot card cafe is popular, thesedays. Like you, I think it's a entertainment culture, but my old friend really trust it... She trust it, very strongly....;;; So, if she hear some bad prophecy, she extremely afraid it and take care. Please tell her. It is just superstition, not real. But I also want to go there with my girl friend. Just for fun. Thank you for your help to find date-course.kkk 201033152 김태수 / Jason
Every year my mom goes to see Saju . I don;t know why but she does. The Saju tell the happenig of bright and dark side . I beilive half of them . Beiliving the bright side is good I think. It will give you positive feeling 201133764 임민지 (Rachel)
Do you know about the Roswell UFO Incident? The Roswell incident has been a huge controversy for many years. Something shiny object crashed near Roswell New Mexico in 1947. It was found by a man in his farm. He said there was aliens’ body and UFO debris. But few days later, USA government announced that it was not a UFO or aliens and they finished the case hurriedly. After that an alien’s dissection video file was uploaded. So some people began to believe it was a UFO. However government still claimed that it was an experimental device created in secret. I think government’s opinion is more believable. Because if it was a real alien, then why they finished the case hurriedly? There is no reason to do that. So I think it was a secret device and the video was manipulated. How do you think about this story? 201232347 신소정 (So jeong)
Just based on information you provide, I agree your thought. Some people are saying that government conceal the fact of existence of aliens. But if you think more carefully, there is no reason to hide this fact to people. Also, it's just a kind of guess with no evidences. I heard that all the pictures and testimonies about seeing UFO turned out fake story. As you said, why did government finish the case in a hurry if it was a real alien UFO? There is no reason.
I think so too. There is no need to hide if it is a real alien. But some people claim that it is a real alien and UFO. USA government knew it while they were investigated. They found alien's many device and new technology and they wanted to know it only by themselves. So they concealed the fact. Don't you think this opinion is plausible?
I also agree with your thoughts. actually, i don't believe alien. and there is no reason that USA concealed this incident. if they find the real alien, they maybe announce to the world that they find a alien. and they are excited to analyze the ailen's existence. and you know, every nation has a conspiracy. people tend to not believe the government's arguments. so i think roswell UFO incident is just interesting happenings.
I want to write about the ‘Sandwich Generation’ that we learned in unit 8. The ‘Sandwich Generation’ is the people who have to support their both parents and children. Related to this meaning, I saw some sad news in the internet a few days ago. The news, The Kyunghyang Shinmun, said the increase of depression from 50’s to 70’s is higher than other ages for 5 years in Korea. The apparent reason for this situation is baby boom generation’s concern about retirement. Frankly speaking, they have burden to support their parents and children despite their retirement from job. Especially Korea is serious because children tend to live together until they have marriage. I think this, Korea’s unusual phenomenon, is made by Korea’s social feature which have been formed from past. For this reason the problem can’t be fixed individually. Therefore it should be handled by the Korean government structurally. For example, if government implements the Wage peak system generally, many people who confront an age-limits will be assured about their job and wage after retirement age. I want to ask some questions to share opinions. What do you guys think about the reason of Korea’s unusual phenomenon? How can we cope with Sandwich Generation’s problem? 201032664 최창혁 Choi
I think it's comes to low birthrate and baby-boom generation. So, we should cope with government's policy, like society welfare system. It must be enhanced to sustain baby-boom generation.
I feel sorry about the korea's unusual phenomenon. but, it's not the only korea's problem. most of the country has same problem. To solve this problem, I have two ideas. First, government have to make lots of high quality jobs for 20-30 generation. Second, government have to raise the budget of child care and silver industry. if government do these, young age and old age can live independantly. Therefore, the sandwhich generation can relieve the burden of caring them.
It is serious problem in Korea. I also think the reason of this phenomenon is baby-boom generation and long life expectancy. So, I think the government should make some programs that older people can participate. 201231296 엄혜진 (Jane)
Mr. Song Yeah. As I wrote above, I also think that this problem should be handled by government.
Michael Michael your opinion is so fresh. Among solutions, ‘the government should make 20-30 generation’s jobs’ is new to me. Do you mean, if government makes jobs, demands of labor would be grow and consequently the elder can work more than now, don’t you? Jane Yes, that is what I want to say. So you also agree that this problem should be handled by the government structurally. All the students that commented my post think same way!!:)
I think the wage peak system will be one of good solution. Our government should solve this problem fundamentally. Our society also cooperate with government's new policy. 201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
You would probably be familiar with tv program “Where are you going daddy?” and the characters in it. I really love this program and want to share it with you. There are many charming characters and I also can see the various family climates. Fathers in this program care and discipline their kids in a different way.
First ‘Yoon Min su’ and his son ‘Yoon Hoo’ look like they are very close and intimate than any other families. Min su looks like a friend of Hoo. Min su is very funny and humorous. He is good at playing with his son in a children’s level and communicates with Hoo frequently. They talk sincerely a lot and try to understand each other. Min su also thinks the consideration is the most important thing. He is very strict in that part. So Hoo always thinks of other before himself and he is considerate of other’s feelings well. Hoo learns all of those actions from his father. I am impressed by Hoo’s warm heart. Second family is ‘Lee Jong hyuk’ and his son’ Lee Jun soo’. Jong hyuk is very lenient and not overprotective. He doesn’t make a haste and dosen’t give a pressure to his son. He just lets his son do whatever he wants and waits for him. Jong hyuk is always positive and full of laughs. His son Jun soo is also cheerful and bright. Jun soo doesn’t care the surroundings and he is sometimes little bit distracted. But he has a free spirit and he is very challenging. He doesn’t hesitate to do a new thing. I think Jong hyuk’s discipline style makes him more childlike and active. Jun soo can grow up to be a creative boy.
Both fathers love their son and look like a good dad. They care and love their sons in their own way. Each method has its own advantage. So it is hard to pick out the best discipline style. However I prefer little bit more Min su’s discipline style. Hoo can raise the sociality and get good interpersonal skills. I also think that the humanity is the most important thing. Anyway what’s your opinion about this? Which style do you like better for a discipline and why?
I really like this program. There are many children and various styles of fathers. Among them I like ‘Yoon Hoo’. He is very cute and has a really warm heart. I think his warm heart was because of his father’s proper care. I also like ‘Lee jong hyuk’ and his son, but I think Min su is the best father.
Do you know Korea birthrate in 1970s? It was 4.53. In 1970s, there was phrase “Just bear two children without distinction”. But nowadays Korea birthrate is almost lowest in the world. It is very serious problem. Because our life expectancy gets longer but birthrate is too low, it might cause shortage of manpower. Also those who earn money, which is few, have to care too many elderly people. Few days ago, I saw article that was saying about our birthrate problem. It said “If Korea’s birthrate maintains then in 2750 there will be no Koreans in the world”. There are many reasons to decrease birthrate, for example, financial problems, changing mind about birth, and so on. Our government is enforcing birth encouragement policy. Also some companies are participating in the policy. Nevertheless, birthrate isn’t increasing. There are some reasons. For example, buying their own house by themselves is very difficult in Korea. So I think government should provide houses not only limited couples but also couples, which don’t have any houses. I think if we solve housing problem for affordable price, many couple can afford to raise their children. How about your idea to increase birthrate? What should government or society have to do?
This problem is very hard to solve. I think that to increase the birthrate in Korea, society and government’s policy have to change but it isn’t easy. The society and government don’t change in short term. The first task to our country is the economic growth. The finding employment comes hard more and more. I think that only if the economic growth has given permission is the birthrate allowed to increase.
I totally agree with your opinion. actually there is no obious evidence. and i saw a picture about the cheonji monster but i can only see very tiny objects. also it's not clear. so i think cheonji monster is fake. maybe some people manipulate that picture and tell a fake story. they just want to give some attention about the baekdoo mt. - 201031142 박미연(michelle)
Bermuda triangle is one of the best mystery story in the world. Until now, many airplanes, ships, and even humans have disappeared from that place. Many scientists claimed a variety opinions. They typically presents four hypotheses. They said that the invisible tornado shattered airplanes and ships or the UFO kidnapped airplanes and ships. But these two hypotheses are not credible. The most reliable hypotheses are these. ‘Magnetic field theory’ and ‘marsh gas theory’. Because Bermuda triangle is very big magnetic field so magnetic bust airplanes and ships. Therefore they are packed up and dragged into deep water. Also, that place have lots of marsh gas. Ships lose their buoyancy when they met marsh gas. Because of these scientific evidence, the magnetic field theory and the marsh gas theory are very reliable. I think Bermuda triangle mystery is not a mystery story. If we were to try to reveal, we can prove Bermuda triangle’s truth.
Bermuda triangle is the world's famous mystery. But anyone knows why Bermuda triangle made. So, I think it would be a completely mystery. 201232276 송윤우
If some incidents are unknown, People tend to make some weird reasons that are not credible. About Bermuda triangle, I think that incidents have been happened because of scientific reasons not weird things. As I told in class, Magnetic field theory is what I believe that the key reasons of this mystery because many ships and airplanes are made by steel.
Many accidents happened in Bermuda triangle. I think there is some strange air current. But it can not be proved right now. It will not be proved forever. Who wants to die? Anyone don't go to this mystery triangle. 201231851 조상희 (John)
Um... In my opinion, the first hypothesis is more close to the truth. I also heard ‘Magnetic field theory’ from many TV programs and books. Actually, I don't have any knowledge about magnetic, but if that area has strong magnific field, it can affect these accidents.. Anyway, have you ever seen a movie named 'Bermuda-triangle'? It is really funny! 201033152 김태수 / Jason
Oh, I also heard about Bermuda triangle very much.. It is so mysterious and unsolvable in thesedays. I think the only method to prove the fact is to go Bermuda triangle and come back alive!
This story is about my mom, but maybe it is about your mother, too. When I went to school in the morning, sometimes I couldn’t find my socks. It was time to go out then I felt angry and I told to my mom, “Where are my socks?” And my mom told me that she doesn’t know. Then I threw a tantrum like a child. Then my mom was angry to me but she went to find it to my room and found it in a short time. I don’t understand why my mom can find my socks but I can’t. It is not just about socks, I always try to find my stuffs and this makes me annoy. Every time I did, my mom finds something that I find. This is a mystery to me. Haven’t you experienced like this before? I think you have experienced, too. Because I have one brother and sister and they also do that. I thing maybe every mom has good ability to find something than their children. How about your story?
I strogly agree with you. Sometimes my room is so messy that it is hard to find my stuffs. Of course, I clean my room myself but my mom cleans my room more often. So it is more easier to find something for her than me. we should clean our stuffs ourselves:)
I also agree with you. In my family, my mom seems to have magic eyes. Because my father, brother and me often can’t find some stuffs. So we call mom and ask for help from her. Surprisingly, mom quickly finds that stuffs.
Do you know Mun-gyung cross incident? 2011, very shocking incident occured. It's Munkyung cross corpse incident in Munkyung, Gyeongsangbuk-do. The reason why this incident named like that, the corpse was found nailed to a cross like Jesus. A dead man was taxi driver. He was wearing the crown of thorns and white underwear. And there were table clock and full-length mirror in front of him. Many people was shocked because it was unprecedented incident. But there was something strange. We couldn’t know whether it is suicide or murder. If it is suicide, how can he drive a nail on his hand by himself? National Institute of Scientific Investigation’s result of autopsy was suicide. But evidence was insufficient to assure. Then, is it murder? No. Because there were some evidence. The police found a paper written the way and the list to execute this incident with his font. Eventually This incident was concluded that it’s suicide. I also think it’s suicide. Maybe it is not single crime but there may be helper. The dead man believed in pseudo-religion. So he might have been helped by the helper. Just guessing. It’s very mystery.
I heard this story about few years ago.. I think the taxi driver must have been killed by himself. I guess he wanted to be dead like jesus did. Affected by pseudo-religion, he might have thought, 'if i nailed to a cross and die like jesus did, I will revive like jesus and go to heaven.' And to help this project, other believer who had same thought like him might nailed his hand with hammer.. This ridiculous faith led him to death. 201033230 김현민
I agree with your opinion that he wanted to be dead like jesus. But he was so foolish.. Why did he want to die? he was common taxi driver... 201233344 강슬기 Selena
Did you heard "Don't make your hobby as a job" or similarly "leave your hobby as hobby". It means it goes tough when hobby become a job. They said there is a gap between the two.
But in my case, i think it's going to be super fun if i can earn money doing my hobby.
What do you think? Do you want to do what is your hobby as a job? Like me? Or Do you disagree?
It must be pleasant for us to live our life doing what we want. But what if the hobby changes to your job? Hobby is spending our time more pleasantly and leisurely. In contrast, job is different. We have to spend much time and we have to consider the income. When we face these realistic problems, we can be under stress. And hobby can change to things we don’t want to do. Then we lose both hobby and job. So I think hobby and job should be considerate individually.
I disagree with you. actually my major is broadcasting. so i know some TV producers. when i met them, they always said watching some videos is not happy to them anymore. if they watch some tv programs, they always think how they insert that titles? oh, how they casting that celebrities? how they shoot that scenes? etc. they can not enjoy watching videos anymore. they saw a tv for only bussiness. so i think leave hobby as hobby is good to you. and get a job what you are good at. then you can enjoy your hobby forever. lol 201031142 박미연 (michelle)
I think doing well something and like to do are different. For example, Jisung Park likes to play soccer. But he said when he plays pro soccer game, he feels pain. because it's not a hobby, it's professional job. Hobby is just 'hobby'. If you make your hobby as a job, you can't enjoy your hobby no more. 201233344 강슬기 Selena
I agree with your opinion. But in reality it’s impossible because there are a lot of things to consider. It’s sad but most people actually choose their work considering their situation, not hobby. So we can say someone who achieve that goal (To get a job that is related to his or her hobby) winner!! As I know, you really want to work in Ad Company. Is that related to your hobbies?
Totally, I agree with you. But some people say, "Do that you like." I think hobby is that "I want to do" and work is that "I have to do". Important thing is our mind. We can make that from work to hobbt. Just my opinion. 201231851 조상희 (John)
BJ, I agree with you, but actually it is far from realistic. Usually, 'hobby' means just some activity like a leisure or sports. If someone says 'Working in an office is my hobby', that is a real job and hobby, also. As a result, my opinion is same as Choi. Job is a job and hobby is different from that. If you can get a job similar to your hobby, it will be big pleasure! 201033152 김태수(Jason)
I see the problem when having hobby as hobby or hobby as job. No matter what you choose, everything has the bright side and the dark side. If you say it will be fun, then it will fun. But although you think and choosen the right way, there will be slump. I mean there must be. Because you will have long time to do work when doing as hobby. People regret when they have job as job, so they move to another to find thing to do like. Also who chose hobby as a job could regret when they have slump. It's up to you ! 201133764 임민지 (Rache')
I agree with you. I think if we get the money by doing what i like, it will be very happy and it's good luck. Especially in Korea, people spend most time in the job. That much, job is very inportant in our life but if we work with no interest, it is too suffering. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
Surfing the internet, I found really mysterious and amazing stories. Let me introduce some interesting stories. Here is the first one. In 1940, a ship named 'break' disappeared after leaving the Virginia port and was found at Norfork 3 hours later. And what makes it shocking was the fact that the ship was really rusty and old when it was found. Further that, 45 people that were on board the ship was discovered in bones. Until now, nobody has known what happend to this ship. Another mystery is similar to this story. In 1945, a San Diego plane was flying from germany to Brazil. There were 92 passengers and crews were on board that plane. Like the ship in the first story, the plane disappeared suddenly. And nobody knows where the plane was gone during 35 years. In 1980, at Porto Aleg airport in brazil, a plane landed on there. The plane was the plane that was lost about 35 years ago. And also, 92 people of passengers and crews were found with skeletons.
What do you think about this story? Do you think it's possible that people was found with bones only after 3hours? And how about the second story about the plane that disappeared during 35 years and was found? Those misteries are well-known stories and there are real pictures and news titles as proofs of those. But despite of these evidences, I think these stories are not belivable. The pictures and news titles looked real, but nobody can prove it's real. Some of them must have been made up by someone who is an expert for making those fakes. In addition, there are too many similar stories saying about this type of 'time warp'. Do you know the physicist Einstein's theory of relativity? This complicated theory is saying about 'time' and 'space'. According to this theory, in certain space, time can flow more slowly than other space. For example, one hour on earth can be about seven years in other space. This sounds ridiculous. But it's really interesting as a theory. When it comes to first story, 3hours was same time with about 100 years. And for the second one, about 100 years passed in other space during 35 years in our time. So these two stories are based on 'relativity theory'. Also, the recent movie 'Interstellar' is based on this theory. In a theory, it could be possible, but in reality, it cannot be provable. In my opinion, someone made up this 'time warp' story to show 'the theory of Einstein' is true. But nobody can solve this problem. Theory is just theory. What your opinion? Have you seen the movie 'interstellar'? Do you think it's just imaginative story or true-based story? Can 'time warp' be possible? And furthermore, does 'worm hole' really exist, or not? What your thoughts about those theories or mysteries? Please leave your comments.
I agree with you Hyun-min. I think those stories are made up by human. Because the second story, it's hard to believe that the plane landed on airport without live people and it flew 35years without refuel. I saw the movie "interstellar". In my opinion, that movie was based on imaginative story. The reason is we don't have that kind of techonolgy to realize. Such as they sleep in tank, they don't get old. I'm not sure about worm hole is exist or not. 201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
Maybe you can realize my topic, when you read that sentence. This semester, I'm taking a course named, 'marriage and family.' During this lecture, I could learn the importance of parenting-style. Parenting-style means home discipline. Some family have strict rules, on the other hand, the others also have lenient diciplines. Like this, each family can have different parenting-style. Then, what is a best way to bring up a child? I think one family should have various parenting-styles depending on children's ages. Actually, I don't know the best way for rearing or perfect parents, but in my opinion, my parents' style was right.
When I was a elementary school student, my parents were so strict from all parts. For example, my parents really hate rude chlid that I should bow politely if I met elder people. Also those action must be done with smiles and sounds like, "안녕하세요." Also, they always emphasized manners when we eat out or go to public places. Their thought was that these manners don't have any relation to ages. In terms of education, their parenting style was strict, too. They often checked my own schedule and sometimes tested personally in my house. They wanted me to have own study plan and skills.
As comparison with my childhood, now I have more flexible environment than before. Why did they give me a lot of rights? The reason was age. One day, they've been told about their parenting-style. They thought, parents should apply different discipline rules depending on ages.
If there children were young, they don't have any habits and rules. So, parents need to assist their children to make their own ways. But they also have more freedoms and rights as they have matured. These freedoms will teach them the weight of responsibility. I think this is little bit different from lenient discipline.
I agree your opinion, but sometimes 'strict method' can be 'poison'. When I discipline my dog strictly, she avoids my eyes or bites me. Persuading calmly is also good rearing method. But the best method is the carrot and stick. 201233344 강슬기 Selena
Selena, you are right ! Um, I think human is little bit different from a dog or other animals. (It means, it's just a problem related to species, not emotion or any other thing) But I agree with you, too. Human and animals have life that it's right. Parents need both 'strict method' and 'kind method'... then, when they give their children, 'carrot' and when they give them, 'whip' ? I wonder your opinion.
I think that parents need to be strict to their child. Even when the son is young, he can't understand his parents but when he is getting old, he will come to know heart of parents and feel thankful. There is a thing that parents should be careful that even they are strict, they need to have talk with child. They can be close though that. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
mystery about king's death in korea there were many countries in korea. One of the representative conturies was josun dynasty. Josun had many mysteries about king's death. It was based on political attendance which was divided into two or three aspects. Contents of attendance is mainly whether my political party wil get a power to govern country. Because of this quality, Many kings are killed by drug or assasination. For example, Jung -jo was famous monarch of our history. His father was killed by young - jo. The reason of being killed was to have different belief about making ideal country to normal person in josun. After becaming a king of jo-sun, jung jo enforced powerful soverign power reinforcements. Above all, he drove out several traitors who agreed an execution of his father. Also, he made national education association which is named 규장각. Its purpose is to give a chance general person to get the highest level's education. However, when he was 52-53 years old, he was suddenly dead. No one didn't know why he was dead in early age. Many people had a questions about his dead. From now, there was no evidence about his death.
Topic: Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms. Other high schools permit students to decide what to wear to school. Which of these two school policies do you think is better?
High schools which require to wear school uniform is better I think. I prefer to wear uniforms in school to 'think less' about what students wear. They can have some sense of belonging in school with friends. When in middle school and high school period, regulary students are highly sensitive. Wearing uniforms can prevent comparing each other with making up.In addition , studentsdo not need that they feel in ferior, and they can focus to study all of the subject. As these facts are true, they could concerntrate om studying even more. Some might wants to wear different clothes but as time passes by, they will realize uniforms are comfortable as a fact. Instead, transforming length or the shape of uniforms will be allowed.
I think school uniform is better, too. If school don't regulate students' dress, they will be spoiled. they will wear short skirt, high heels, and insufficiently-dressed clothes. 201233344 강슬기 Selena
I also think school uniform is better. I think wearing school uniform is more convenient than wearing plain cloth. Students can reduce the time by wearing uniform. And I think uniform helps students feel a sense of unity. 201231296 엄혜진(Jane)
I think most of the students think the school uniform is better.! When I think about my school time in middle school and high school I wonder why I didn't knew so much! 201133764 임민지 (Rachel)
I want to give a very important advice to parents as a person who take care and teach some teenagers. Nowadays youth problem is so serious. Through that, i can see what is problem of youth. The modern society is so rich so people can get easily whatever they want. They never experience the hunger. Actually It is very dangerous for children, even it looks very good. If people don't be trained to bend their heart from the childhood, they can't control their desire after they growed. Therfore i want to tell "Sometimes, do not answear about your son's asking by purposely." It is a kind of training that make your son happy and a method of reducing youth problem. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young 황신영
Do you know the mystery of Seom-gang Bridge mystery? When riding a Seom-gang Bridge at night, you can see the ghost. Seom-gang Brigde is in the Yoeong-dong expressway and located in the boundary of Gangwondo and Gyeonggi-do and when you come out the Gangcheon tunnel, you can see the Seom-gang Bridge. The reason why you can see the ghost, because the bus overtake the front car, when the bus got up speed, the bus slided, and it fell to the Seom-gang. A lot of people was swept away, because of lot of rain, and only 4 man was saved, 25 people was died. Now, new Seom-gang Bridge made in beside, and expressway expanded 4 line, but you can see the ghost until disappear the resentment.
ReplyDelete201232276 송윤우
I recommend you to go there. I think it is good choice to take picture of that bridge. 201231851 조상희 / John
DeleteIt's next to the yeongdong expressway, so we passed by a lot. So, I think when passing there I can take a picture. 201232276 송윤우
DeleteI have not heard about this story. I want to figure out wherther this is true or not. You are saying like you believe this story. The bus incident could be a true stroy, but I think the story about ghost is just a myth to make other people scared. What do you think? Any specific evidence for this story?
Delete201033230 김현민
I think it's like a Gojong's mystery when I told the class. The Gojong's mystery can be a mystery because there are no evidence the Japanese killed Gojong by poison. So, it can be a mystery so some insists there are living a ghost, when you search seom-gang bridge, you can find the mystery easily.
Delete201232276 송윤우
I always think that the ghosts really exist near us~ And they usually are trying to say something to us some messages, I think.
DeleteIs Seom-gang Bridge mystery also like this case? Maybe?
201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
I think these kind of mystery make people see the ghost. Ghost is playing through the thinking of human. If we believe there is a ghost, we will see them and if we don't afraid of ghost, we don't receive any affect from them. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
Deleteㅎ
ReplyDeleteㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
DeleteMy parents are a little lenient. They let me have or do anything that I want. Sometimes they are strict but they are lenient in principle. They believe that I will behave right-mindedly anywhere. So I can’t lie to my parents. When I do a trivial lie, I prick at my conscience. When I go to MT, I tell my parents the day before but they don’t doubt of that. When I have to pass night without sleep in school, I tell the situation a few hours ago but they believe me. I appreciate to my parents that believe me anytime. Except some rules, parents permit most of my request. It is comfortable to say honestly to my parents. So I can assure my honest life. If I bear a child, I will discipline my children like my parents. I will believe my children but I will apply a little strict restriction also.
ReplyDelete201232352 Lien / 염혜정
The limitless freedom can spoil the child, but appropriate freedom can enhance the child. So, I think your parents education about you is very good. 201232276 송윤우
DeleteMy opinion is almost same as classmate Mr.송 and your parents, but I'm worried about abused situation. I think you have a kind disposition that you couldn't lie to your parents. But if some children want to deceive their parents, those parenting style can also spoil them. And...... I want to know your opinion about final sentence. When will you apply strict rule to your babies? Thank you for sharing your story :-)
Delete201033152 김태수(Jason)
Politeness is important to me. If my children behave badly, I will restrain those behaviors. But, exactly I don’t know how to nurture the kids and I don’t have any children. So I don’t know how I will change. Just my writing’s topic is that I will respect my children and appreciate them but the responsibility of that is given to them.
Delete201232352 염혜정(Lien)
My parents are very strict, so I really envy you.. you know I have a curfew around midnight even though I'm a man..Can you believe it? No way. Based on this family background, I have been grown about 24 years.. so, In my opinion, Parents should find a middle point for raising their kids. Not too much generous and Not too much strict. It totally depends on parents. For the definitely bad behavior, parents must be strict, but for the kids's small mistakes or faults that they don't know, parents must be generous. By doing that, kids will have a proper values.
Delete201033230 김현민
First I really envy you. My parents rarley allow me to stay out overnight. After the final exam, I have a plan to stay with my friends in a condo but I doubt whether my parents let me go there.
DeleteOf course I understand them because these days there is so much crime around us. But I really want to hang out with my freinds in there. I'm very anxious about this problem.
201231286 박신영 Hellena
It's good that your parents belive you in anytime. My parents trusts me in anytime too. When I see my friends who has strict parents
Deletewho doesn't trust, I can see the realationship between them are not the same as mine. More over, my friend lie to them even though she doesn't have to. When they trust you more, you act more trustful and have some guilty when you lie a little bit. But I think you don't have to!
Becoming older and older you will find the right point.
201133764 임민지
Last November 9th, in Scotland, 58 old man Rochard Collis claims that he took video of Loch Ness Monster. He saw the something strange in the west of Loch Ness, so he took the video. This news is noticed by Mirror, the daily megazine of U.K. And I saw that news in the Facebook. I watch that video too. And that video can be found in the Utube. In this video, there was long something in Loch Ness. And it was floating on the Loch Ness. I think 'what is that? Is this real Loch Ness Monster?'. It looks like real, and many people was interested with it. So many scientist tried to show the Loch Ness Monster. But I don't believe that. Because all of things that look like Loch Ness Monster was just floating on the Loch Ness. All of things was never moving, just floating. Why? It is not monster, not animal that have long neck, not living something. Moreover, it has not sound. It doesn't growl, doesn't bark. JUST FLOATING. So I think it is not monster, and I think there is not any Loch Ness Monster.
ReplyDelete201231851 조상희 / John
I think so, too. Because, when living thing, it had to move, but no sound, no move. So, I think it's manipulated. 201232276 송윤우
DeleteI searched that video in Utube and saw it. The video isn't clear enough to figure what the thing is. I think it looks like just branch floating around. I think Rochard Collis overstated fact.
Delete201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
I’m not sure whether this video is true or not but I heard that people tend to believe what they imagine and what they saw in the past. For example, we may know that every country have different ghost shape. That mean, their opinions are different as per experiences that they imagined or saw some images about ghost in TV. I guess that the video about monster might be applied to this.
Delete201032664 Choi
I agree with yours. I don't believe Loch Ness Monster. Maybe it would be maden by someone. He or she wanted to make himself or herself famous. 201231851 조상희 (John)
Delete-Topic : Do you know single tax?
ReplyDeleteRecently Ministry of Health and Welfare officials said, perhaps we might charge a tax to singles after few years. This statement is becoming very popular on the Internet. A lot of Korean singles are very annoying about that. So Ministry of Health and Welfare officials explained that it’s kind of joke and he just intended to emphasize the serious low birth rate. but I think it doesn't sound joke.
Of course, we have serious low birth rate and we are in the bottom 10% nationally in OECD. But I think single tax is not a good policy to raise the birth rate. Actually, Korea is not a good country to have a baby. Kids and adolescents’s level of happiness is very low in OECD, and child rearing expenses are very expensive. But governments are just being pushed to have children in such situations. It’s totally illogical.
if government is trying to make a good country to have a baby, many Koreans got marriage and have a baby. We have to make a practical supporting policy for singles and everyone who has a child. Instead of single tax. I think singles are not a targe of an attack, we have to support them.
201031142 박미연/michelle
I agree with your opinion. I searched for this topic on the Internet. Already there is a difference between single and family in Korea. For example let’s suppose that there are two people who earn three hundred million won monthly. One is a single and the other has a family. First, single pays 88510 won as an income tax. But one who has a partner and two children pays 18810 won. There is a distinct difference between two. It’s because Korea administrative system is designed based on the family. However these days, singles are increasing more and more so we have to prevent these single’s disadvantages.
Delete201232347 신소정
yes!!! i agree with you. government should take care of singles. i think single tax is not a good idea.
DeleteI agree with your opinion. I also think that a single tax is not fair and sounds like drastic policy. If they want to do that kind of policy, all of their reasonable policies should be preceded. Also, it is clear that Korea actually has low birthrate in OECD and we should overcome that problem for our future. Our future problems can be connected with national pension in the long run. If low birth rate continues, pensioners are also disappearing. That mean we may have difficulty in getting a benefit.
Delete201032664 Choi
That's exactly what i'm saying. government has a lot of duties to solve the future problems.
Deleteㅍ
ReplyDeleteum........ㅍ...........kkkkkkkkkkkkk
Delete201033152 김태수 / Jason
Did you see the movies "Interstellar"? In Interstellar, the world is totally broken. People especially young children suffer from a chronic disease such as asthma because they can`t live in pleasant surroundings. So they go to the universe and try to find a new home for terrestrial people.
ReplyDeleteAfter I saw the "Interstellar", I realize there are a lot of phenomenon that can`t be explained by science.
So I also believe U.F.O. The record that unconfirmed flying object was discovered to many people in the time of King Gwanghae really exist. I think the U.F.O is the spaceship which is from the far galaxy.
There is no exact answer for everything in the world. Science is just the tool to explain the things which is discovered by us.
201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
So do you believe that descendant can explain the mystery phenomenon like U.F.O? Do you believe the U.F.O exists in the reality? Don’t you think that the record that wrote in time of King Gwanghae is manipulated? How do you think?
Delete201232352 염혜정(Lien)
I said that there are a lot of pheonomenon that we can`t explain with our present science-knowledge level. For example, can you explain the theory of black-hole accurately? Also, can you explain how can the black-hole occur?
DeleteAnd you said that the record which was written in the time of King Gwanghae might have been manipulated. But the stenographers could not manipulate the record. They had the obligation that they had to write every-things ,the whole truth. Every people except the stenographers (even the King) could not touch that record and could not read that record.
And why are they necessary to maniplate the record like that? They didn`t need to do that~
Just scooping a single glass of water from the ocean and believing that there are no fish in the ocean can be inconsequent reasoning. I think we study some part of the universe and admit that there is no alien in the universe. So I agree with you that science only can solve this problem. I just want to tell that before the science solve the screet of the infinite universe, we shouldn't assume that there was nothing except human.
Delete201232347 신소정
...I couldn't see that movie.... I just heard about that movie's fame...... Please, write down the phrase like, 'it has spoilers'.... :-(
DeleteAnyway, I studied about UFO, when I was freshman. After searching, I conclued that UFO can be exist. Too many mysteris and strange phenomenons are exist in ths world. So I also think science is just tool to help people, 'NOT ABSOLUTE METHOD'.
201033152 김태수 / Jason
That`s what I exactly wanted to say to you guys~ So-jeong and Jason understand my opinion, I think
Delete201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
Title: How do you think about Cheonji monster?
ReplyDeleteDo you know the Cheonji monster? It is the name given to what is said to be a lake monster that lives in Heaven Lake which is located in the peak of Baekdu Mountain. The first reported sighting was in 1903. It was claimed that a large buffalo-like creature attacked three people, and more than a hundred people reported the sighting. They might think it was a monster.
However I have different opinion. I know the Loch Ness Monster story has given a lot of commercial benefits to local people. After the story has become famous, many tourists visited that area. For this reason I don’t believe the Cheonji monster’s existence. I think Cheonji monster was made by someone who wants to obtain commercial benefits as a tourist attraction.
201231296 엄혜진 (Jane) - I forgot to write my name..
DeleteI agree with you. There is no specific evidence that make us believe the monster's existence such as pictures, videoes. Isn't it?
DeleteIt is really hard to believe. Maybe some people made it on purpose.
201231286 박신영 Hellena
I totally agree with you. i think cheonji monster is a fake object to attract tourists. there is no clear evidence. i saw the cheonji monster picture on the internet. but i can only see tiny black object and even it's not clear. so i also think people(chinese) made that story and manipulate the picture. if they made a story about monster lives in cheonji, many people are curious about that place and want to go there. 201031142 박미연(michelle)
DeleteBut I heard that Cheonji monster picture was revealed as totally lie.
DeleteThe reason that I think the U.F.O is real is that there are many historical records in the past..about U.F.O!
If there are many believable records about Cheonji monster.. it will be not only an tourist attraction but also real fact.
201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
Have you had your SAJU before? There are many type of SAJU. We can see easily tarot card, the lines of the hand, and physiognomy. Many people have a try them. Above all of them, I think, tarot card is very popular. Because those just wanting to have a little fun often get their tarot cards. Also many tarot cards are done in SAJU cafes. So we drink coffee and do tarot card. Some of people don't believe tarot card. They say Taro card has no credibility. I had some sympathy with his argument. But it is just superstition. We did it just for fun.
ReplyDelete201032109 오동훈(Tom)
I don’t believe the SAJU also. But, people need to depend on something. I think that people want to believe the good things than bad things. So the people that tell the future don’t tell the bad things to customers. So the customers are delighted to SAJU. I agree with your opinion. Although the SAJU is lie, we don’t need to think that the SAJU is lie. Just, we have only to accept good things and think that is just funny.
Delete201232352 Lien / 염혜정
I believe easily that kind of things such as saju, tarot, the lines of the hand and so on. Two years ago, I went to saju café and did tarot card just for fun at first. But I began to believe it. So I still remember and worry it especially bad things. If there is someone like me, I want to tell them don't go to the tarot cafe.
Delete201232347 신소정
I agree with you. Many people use Tarot cards to predict what is going to happen in the near future.
DeleteIt is really interesting that we can forsee something. I also want to go that SAJU cafe for fun but I don't really believe SAJU.
It's hard to believe because it is not scientific. And I think taking fortune-telling seriously is not good for our mental health.
201231286 박신영 Hellena
I don't believe SAJU either. Because it's not possible to know what is going to happen. Like Lien said people want to rely on SAJU. For example, when something important thing is coming, some people used to go to jumjip(점집). They trust about SAJU but I think they want to lean on it.
Delete201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
I don't believe SAJU either like Neal. But, I heard that Tarot card cafe is popular, thesedays. Like you, I think it's a entertainment culture, but my old friend really trust it... She trust it, very strongly....;;; So, if she hear some bad prophecy, she extremely afraid it and take care. Please tell her. It is just superstition, not real. But I also want to go there with my girl friend. Just for fun. Thank you for your help to find date-course.kkk
Delete201033152 김태수 / Jason
kkkkk, by the way, Neal's previous word makes me fun, jumjip(점집)................ahahahahaha!!!!!! Thx you, Neal.
Delete201033152 김태수 / Jason
Every year my mom goes to see Saju . I don;t know why but she does. The Saju tell the happenig of bright and dark side .
DeleteI beilive half of them . Beiliving the bright side is good I think. It will give you positive feeling
201133764 임민지 (Rachel)
I think Saju and Tarrot is totally for fun not for the fact that we want to know about.
DeleteYou need to notice that it is not on the base of real fact~
201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
Do you know about the Roswell UFO Incident? The Roswell incident has been a huge controversy for many years.
ReplyDeleteSomething shiny object crashed near Roswell New Mexico in 1947. It was found by a man in his farm. He said there was aliens’ body and UFO debris. But few days later, USA government announced that it was not a UFO or aliens and they finished the case hurriedly. After that an alien’s dissection video file was uploaded. So some people began to believe it was a UFO. However government still claimed that it was an experimental device created in secret. I think government’s opinion is more believable. Because if it was a real alien, then why they finished the case hurriedly? There is no reason to do that. So I think it was a secret device and the video was manipulated.
How do you think about this story?
201232347 신소정 (So jeong)
Just based on information you provide, I agree your thought. Some people are saying that government conceal the fact of existence of aliens. But if you think more carefully, there is no reason to hide this fact to people. Also, it's just a kind of guess with no evidences. I heard that all the pictures and testimonies about seeing UFO turned out fake story. As you said, why did government finish the case in a hurry if it was a real alien UFO? There is no reason.
Delete201033230 김현민
I think so too. There is no need to hide if it is a real alien. But some people claim that it is a real alien and UFO. USA government knew it while they were investigated. They found alien's many device and new technology and they wanted to know it only by themselves. So they concealed the fact. Don't you think this opinion is plausible?
Delete201232347 신소정
I also agree with your thoughts. actually, i don't believe alien. and there is no reason that USA concealed this incident. if they find the real alien, they maybe announce to the world that they find a alien. and they are excited to analyze the ailen's existence. and you know, every nation has a conspiracy. people tend to not believe the government's arguments. so i think roswell UFO incident is just interesting happenings.
Delete201031142 박미연(michelle)
Yes, I also consider why USA government act like that. I think there was another reason that they couldn't tell to people.
Delete201232347 신소정
I want to write about the ‘Sandwich Generation’ that we learned in unit 8. The ‘Sandwich Generation’ is the people who have to support their both parents and children. Related to this meaning, I saw some sad news in the internet a few days ago. The news, The Kyunghyang Shinmun, said the increase of depression from 50’s to 70’s is higher than other ages for 5 years in Korea. The apparent reason for this situation is baby boom generation’s concern about retirement. Frankly speaking, they have burden to support their parents and children despite their retirement from job. Especially Korea is serious because children tend to live together until they have marriage. I think this, Korea’s unusual phenomenon, is made by Korea’s social feature which have been formed from past. For this reason the problem can’t be fixed individually. Therefore it should be handled by the Korean government structurally. For example, if government implements the Wage peak system generally, many people who confront an age-limits will be assured about their job and wage after retirement age.
ReplyDeleteI want to ask some questions to share opinions. What do you guys think about the reason of Korea’s unusual phenomenon? How can we cope with Sandwich Generation’s problem?
201032664 최창혁 Choi
I think it's comes to low birthrate and baby-boom generation. So, we should cope with government's policy, like society welfare system. It must be enhanced to sustain baby-boom generation.
Delete▲I'm 201232276 송윤우.
DeleteI feel sorry about the korea's unusual phenomenon. but, it's not the only korea's problem. most of the country has same problem. To solve this problem, I have two ideas. First, government have to make lots of high quality jobs for 20-30 generation. Second, government have to raise the budget of child care and silver industry. if government do these, young age and old age can live independantly. Therefore, the sandwhich generation can relieve the burden of caring them.
Delete201031142 박미연(michelle)
It is serious problem in Korea. I also think the reason of this phenomenon is baby-boom generation and long life expectancy. So, I think the government should make some programs that older people can participate.
Delete201231296 엄혜진 (Jane)
Mr. Song
DeleteYeah. As I wrote above, I also think that this problem should be handled by government.
Michael
Michael your opinion is so fresh. Among solutions, ‘the government should make 20-30 generation’s jobs’ is new to me. Do you mean, if government makes jobs, demands of labor would be grow and consequently the elder can work more than now, don’t you?
Jane
Yes, that is what I want to say. So you also agree that this problem should be handled by the government structurally. All the students that commented my post think same way!!:)
I think the wage peak system will be one of good solution. Our government should solve this problem fundamentally. Our society also cooperate with government's new policy.
Delete201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
Topic: Different parent discipline styles
ReplyDeleteYou would probably be familiar with tv program “Where are you going daddy?” and the characters in it. I really love this program and want to share it with you. There are many charming characters and I also can see the various family climates. Fathers in this program care and discipline their kids in a different way.
First ‘Yoon Min su’ and his son ‘Yoon Hoo’ look like they are very close and intimate than any other families. Min su looks like a friend of Hoo. Min su is very funny and humorous. He is good at playing with his son in a children’s level and communicates with Hoo frequently. They talk sincerely a lot and try to understand each other. Min su also thinks the consideration is the most important thing. He is very strict in that part. So Hoo always thinks of other before himself and he is considerate of other’s feelings well. Hoo learns all of those actions from his father. I am impressed by Hoo’s warm heart.
Second family is ‘Lee Jong hyuk’ and his son’ Lee Jun soo’. Jong hyuk is very lenient and not overprotective. He doesn’t make a haste and dosen’t give a pressure to his son. He just lets his son do whatever he wants and waits for him. Jong hyuk is always positive and full of laughs. His son Jun soo is also cheerful and bright. Jun soo doesn’t care the surroundings and he is sometimes little bit distracted. But he has a free spirit and he is very challenging. He doesn’t hesitate to do a new thing. I think Jong hyuk’s discipline style makes him more childlike and active. Jun soo can grow up to be a creative boy.
Both fathers love their son and look like a good dad. They care and love their sons in their own way. Each method has its own advantage. So it is hard to pick out the best discipline style. However I prefer little bit more Min su’s discipline style. Hoo can raise the sociality and get good interpersonal skills. I also think that the humanity is the most important thing.
Anyway what’s your opinion about this? Which style do you like better for a discipline and why?
201231286 박신영 Hellena
I really like this program. There are many children and various styles of fathers. Among them I like ‘Yoon Hoo’. He is very cute and has a really warm heart. I think his warm heart was because of his father’s proper care. I also like ‘Lee jong hyuk’ and his son, but I think Min su is the best father.
Delete201231296 엄혜진 (Jane)
Do you know Korea birthrate in 1970s? It was 4.53. In 1970s, there was phrase “Just bear two children without distinction”. But nowadays Korea birthrate is almost lowest in the world. It is very serious problem. Because our life expectancy gets longer but birthrate is too low, it might cause shortage of manpower. Also those who earn money, which is few, have to care too many elderly people. Few days ago, I saw article that was saying about our birthrate problem. It said “If Korea’s birthrate maintains then in 2750 there will be no Koreans in the world”.
ReplyDeleteThere are many reasons to decrease birthrate, for example, financial problems, changing mind about birth, and so on. Our government is enforcing birth encouragement policy. Also some companies are participating in the policy. Nevertheless, birthrate isn’t increasing. There are some reasons. For example, buying their own house by themselves is very difficult in Korea. So I think government should provide houses not only limited couples but also couples, which don’t have any houses. I think if we solve housing problem for affordable price, many couple can afford to raise their children.
How about your idea to increase birthrate? What should government or society have to do?
201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
This problem is very hard to solve. I think that to increase the birthrate in Korea, society and government’s policy have to change but it isn’t easy. The society and government don’t change in short term. The first task to our country is the economic growth. The finding employment comes hard more and more. I think that only if the economic growth has given permission is the birthrate allowed to increase.
Delete201232352 Lien / 염혜정
I totally agree with your opinion. actually there is no obious evidence. and i saw a picture about the cheonji monster but i can only see very tiny objects. also it's not clear. so i think cheonji monster is fake. maybe some people manipulate that picture and tell a fake story. they just want to give some attention about the baekdoo mt. - 201031142 박미연(michelle)
DeleteI agree with you. To solve this problem, we have to change many things. Economic growth can be one of appropriate solution.
Delete201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
Bermuda triangle is one of the best mystery story in the world. Until now, many airplanes, ships, and even humans have disappeared from that place. Many scientists claimed a variety opinions. They typically presents four hypotheses. They said that the invisible tornado shattered airplanes and ships or the UFO kidnapped airplanes and ships. But these two hypotheses are not credible. The most reliable hypotheses are these. ‘Magnetic field theory’ and ‘marsh gas theory’. Because Bermuda triangle is very big magnetic field so magnetic bust airplanes and ships. Therefore they are packed up and dragged into deep water. Also, that place have lots of marsh gas. Ships lose their buoyancy when they met marsh gas. Because of these scientific evidence, the magnetic field theory and the marsh gas theory are very reliable. I think Bermuda triangle mystery is not a mystery story. If we were to try to reveal, we can prove Bermuda triangle’s truth.
ReplyDelete201031097 김재현 / Daniel
Bermuda triangle is the world's famous mystery. But anyone knows why Bermuda triangle made. So, I think it would be a completely mystery. 201232276 송윤우
DeleteIf some incidents are unknown, People tend to make some weird reasons that are not credible. About Bermuda triangle, I think that incidents have been happened because of scientific reasons not weird things. As I told in class, Magnetic field theory is what I believe that the key reasons of this mystery because many ships and airplanes are made by steel.
Delete201032664 Choi
Many accidents happened in Bermuda triangle. I think there is some strange air current. But it can not be proved right now. It will not be proved forever. Who wants to die? Anyone don't go to this mystery triangle. 201231851 조상희 (John)
DeleteUm... In my opinion, the first hypothesis is more close to the truth. I also heard ‘Magnetic field theory’ from many TV programs and books. Actually, I don't have any knowledge about magnetic, but if that area has strong magnific field, it can affect these accidents.. Anyway, have you ever seen a movie named 'Bermuda-triangle'? It is really funny!
Delete201033152 김태수 / Jason
Oh, I also heard about Bermuda triangle very much.. It is so mysterious and unsolvable in thesedays. I think the only method to prove the fact is to go Bermuda triangle and come back alive!
Delete201232364 임지현/ Rebecca
This story is about my mom, but maybe it is about your mother, too. When I went to school in the morning, sometimes I couldn’t find my socks. It was time to go out then I felt angry and I told to my mom, “Where are my socks?” And my mom told me that she doesn’t know. Then I threw a tantrum like a child. Then my mom was angry to me but she went to find it to my room and found it in a short time. I don’t understand why my mom can find my socks but I can’t. It is not just about socks, I always try to find my stuffs and this makes me annoy. Every time I did, my mom finds something that I find. This is a mystery to me. Haven’t you experienced like this before? I think you have experienced, too. Because I have one brother and sister and they also do that. I thing maybe every mom has good ability to find something than their children. How about your story?
ReplyDelete201132334 이보름
I strogly agree with you. Sometimes my room is so messy that it is hard to find my stuffs.
DeleteOf course, I clean my room myself but my mom cleans my room more often. So it is more easier to find something for her than me.
we should clean our stuffs ourselves:)
201231286 박신영 Hellena
I also agree with you. In my family, my mom seems to have magic eyes. Because my father, brother and me often can’t find some stuffs. So we call mom and ask for help from her. Surprisingly, mom quickly finds that stuffs.
Delete201231296 엄혜진 Jane
Do you know Mun-gyung cross incident? 2011, very shocking incident occured. It's Munkyung cross corpse incident in Munkyung, Gyeongsangbuk-do. The reason why this incident named like that, the corpse was found nailed to a cross like Jesus. A dead man was taxi driver. He was wearing the crown of thorns and white underwear. And there were table clock and full-length mirror in front of him. Many people was shocked because it was unprecedented incident. But there was something strange. We couldn’t know whether it is suicide or murder. If it is suicide, how can he drive a nail on his hand by himself? National Institute of Scientific Investigation’s result of autopsy was suicide. But evidence was insufficient to assure. Then, is it murder? No. Because there were some evidence. The police found a paper written the way and the list to execute this incident with his font. Eventually This incident was concluded that it’s suicide. I also think it’s suicide. Maybe it is not single crime but there may be helper. The dead man believed in pseudo-religion. So he might have been helped by the helper. Just guessing. It’s very mystery.
ReplyDelete201233344 강슬기 Selena
I heard this story about few years ago.. I think the taxi driver must have been killed by himself. I guess he wanted to be dead like jesus did. Affected by pseudo-religion, he might have thought, 'if i nailed to a cross and die like jesus did, I will revive like jesus and go to heaven.' And to help this project, other believer who had same thought like him might nailed his hand with hammer.. This ridiculous faith led him to death.
Delete201033230 김현민
I agree with your opinion that he wanted to be dead like jesus. But he was so foolish.. Why did he want to die? he was common taxi driver...
Delete201233344 강슬기 Selena
Did you heard "Don't make your hobby as a job" or similarly "leave your hobby as hobby". It means it goes tough when hobby become a job.
ReplyDeleteThey said there is a gap between the two.
But in my case, i think it's going to be super fun if i can earn money doing my hobby.
What do you think?
Do you want to do what is your hobby as a job? Like me?
Or Do you disagree?
201131866 BJ
It must be pleasant for us to live our life doing what we want. But what if the hobby changes to your job? Hobby is spending our time more pleasantly and leisurely. In contrast, job is different. We have to spend much time and we have to consider the income. When we face these realistic problems, we can be under stress. And hobby can change to things we don’t want to do. Then we lose both hobby and job. So I think hobby and job should be considerate individually.
Delete201232347 신소정
I disagree with you. actually my major is broadcasting. so i know some TV producers. when i met them, they always said watching some videos is not happy to them anymore. if they watch some tv programs, they always think how they insert that titles? oh, how they casting that celebrities? how they shoot that scenes? etc. they can not enjoy watching videos anymore. they saw a tv for only bussiness. so i think leave hobby as hobby is good to you. and get a job what you are good at. then you can enjoy your hobby forever. lol
Delete201031142 박미연 (michelle)
I think doing well something and like to do are different.
DeleteFor example, Jisung Park likes to play soccer. But he said when he plays pro soccer game, he feels pain. because it's not a hobby, it's professional job.
Hobby is just 'hobby'. If you make your hobby as a job, you can't enjoy your hobby no more.
201233344 강슬기 Selena
I agree with your opinion. But in reality it’s impossible because there are a lot of things to consider. It’s sad but most people actually choose their work considering their situation, not hobby. So we can say someone who achieve that goal (To get a job that is related to his or her hobby) winner!! As I know, you really want to work in Ad Company. Is that related to your hobbies?
Delete201032664 Choi
DeleteTotally, I agree with you. But some people say, "Do that you like." I think hobby is that "I want to do" and work is that "I have to do". Important thing is our mind. We can make that from work to hobbt. Just my opinion. 201231851 조상희 (John)
DeleteBJ, I agree with you, but actually it is far from realistic. Usually, 'hobby' means just some activity like a leisure or sports. If someone says 'Working in an office is my hobby', that is a real job and hobby, also. As a result, my opinion is same as Choi. Job is a job and hobby is different from that. If you can get a job similar to your hobby, it will be big pleasure!
Delete201033152 김태수(Jason)
I see the problem when having hobby as hobby or hobby as job. No matter what you choose, everything has the bright side and the dark side. If you say it will be fun, then it will fun. But although you think and choosen the right way, there will be slump. I mean there must be. Because you will have long time to do work when doing as hobby. People regret when they have job as job, so they move to another to find thing to do like. Also who chose hobby as a job could regret when they have slump. It's up to you !
Delete201133764 임민지 (Rache')
I agree with you. I think if we get the money by doing what i like, it will be very happy and it's good luck. Especially in Korea, people spend most time in the job. That much, job is very inportant in our life but if we work with no interest, it is too suffering. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
DeleteTopic: Is 'TIme warp' possible story?
ReplyDeleteSurfing the internet, I found really mysterious and amazing stories. Let me introduce some interesting stories. Here is the first one. In 1940, a ship named 'break' disappeared after leaving the Virginia port and was found at Norfork 3 hours later. And what makes it shocking was the fact that the ship was really rusty and old when it was found. Further that, 45 people that were on board the ship was discovered in bones. Until now, nobody has known what happend to this ship. Another mystery is similar to this story. In 1945, a San Diego plane was flying from germany to Brazil. There were 92 passengers and crews were on board that plane. Like the ship in the first story, the plane disappeared suddenly. And nobody knows where the plane was gone during 35 years. In 1980, at Porto Aleg airport in brazil, a plane landed on there. The plane was the plane that was lost about 35 years ago. And also, 92 people of passengers and crews were found with skeletons.
What do you think about this story? Do you think it's possible that people was found with bones only after 3hours? And how about the second story about the plane that disappeared during 35 years and was found? Those misteries are well-known stories and there are real pictures and news titles as proofs of those. But despite of these evidences, I think these stories are not belivable. The pictures and news titles looked real, but nobody can prove it's real. Some of them must have been made up by someone who is an expert for making those fakes. In addition, there are too many similar stories saying about this type of 'time warp'. Do you know the physicist Einstein's theory of relativity? This complicated theory is saying about 'time' and 'space'. According to this theory, in certain space, time can flow more slowly than other space. For example, one hour on earth can be about seven years in other space. This sounds ridiculous. But it's really interesting as a theory. When it comes to first story, 3hours was same time with about 100 years. And for the second one, about 100 years passed in other space during 35 years in our time. So these two stories are based on 'relativity theory'. Also, the recent movie 'Interstellar' is based on this theory. In a theory, it could be possible, but in reality, it cannot be provable. In my opinion, someone made up this 'time warp' story to show 'the theory of Einstein' is true. But nobody can solve this problem. Theory is just theory. What your opinion? Have you seen the movie 'interstellar'? Do you think it's just imaginative story or true-based story? Can 'time warp' be possible? And furthermore, does 'worm hole' really exist, or not? What your thoughts about those theories or mysteries? Please leave your comments.
201033230 김현민
I agree with you Hyun-min. I think those stories are made up by human. Because the second story, it's hard to believe that the plane landed on airport without live people and it flew 35years without refuel.
DeleteI saw the movie "interstellar". In my opinion, that movie was based on imaginative story. The reason is we don't have that kind of techonolgy to realize. Such as they sleep in tank, they don't get old. I'm not sure about worm hole is exist or not.
201032161 강동윤 (Neal)
'What is a great parent?'
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can realize my topic, when you read that sentence. This semester, I'm taking a course named, 'marriage and family.' During this lecture, I could learn the importance of parenting-style. Parenting-style means home discipline. Some family have strict rules, on the other hand, the others also have lenient diciplines. Like this, each family can have different parenting-style. Then, what is a best way to bring up a child? I think one family should have various parenting-styles depending on children's ages. Actually, I don't know the best way for rearing or perfect parents, but in my opinion, my parents' style was right.
When I was a elementary school student, my parents were so strict from all parts. For example, my parents really hate rude chlid that I should bow politely if I met elder people. Also those action must be done with smiles and sounds like, "안녕하세요." Also, they always emphasized manners when we eat out or go to public places. Their thought was that these manners don't have any relation to ages. In terms of education, their parenting style was strict, too. They often checked my own schedule and sometimes tested personally in my house. They wanted me to have own study plan and skills.
As comparison with my childhood, now I have more flexible environment than before. Why did they give me a lot of rights? The reason was age.
One day, they've been told about their parenting-style. They thought, parents should apply different discipline rules depending on ages.
If there children were young, they don't have any habits and rules. So, parents need to assist their children to make their own ways. But they also have more freedoms and rights as they have matured. These freedoms will teach them the weight of responsibility. I think this is little bit different from lenient discipline.
Now, let’s talk about my own rearing method.
201033152 김태수(Jason)
How to modify this writing?.... Please read final sentence like, 'your own rearing method', not 'my own rearing method'. :-(
DeleteI agree your opinion, but sometimes 'strict method' can be 'poison'.
DeleteWhen I discipline my dog strictly, she avoids my eyes or bites me. Persuading calmly is also good rearing method. But the best method is the carrot and stick.
201233344 강슬기 Selena
please write some more accurately, please...
Delete201032013 이준혁
Selena, you are right ! Um, I think human is little bit different from a dog or other animals. (It means, it's just a problem related to species, not emotion or any other thing) But I agree with you, too. Human and animals have life that it's right. Parents need both 'strict method' and 'kind method'... then, when they give their children, 'carrot' and when they give them, 'whip' ? I wonder your opinion.
Delete201033152 김태수 / Jason
준혁, I wonder that which part was confused? Plz, tell me!
Delete201033152 김태수 (Jason)
I think that parents need to be strict to their child. Even when the son is young, he can't understand his parents but when he is getting old, he will come to know heart of parents and feel thankful. There is a thing that parents should be careful that even they are strict, they need to have talk with child. They can be close though that. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young. 황신영
Deletemystery about king's death in korea
ReplyDeletethere were many countries in korea. One of the representative conturies was josun dynasty. Josun had many mysteries about king's death. It was based on political attendance which was divided into two or three aspects. Contents of attendance is mainly whether my political party wil get a power to govern country. Because of this quality, Many kings are killed by drug or assasination.
For example, Jung -jo was famous monarch of our history. His father was killed by young - jo. The reason of being killed was to have different belief about making ideal country to normal person in josun. After becaming a king of jo-sun, jung jo enforced powerful soverign power reinforcements. Above all, he drove out several traitors who agreed an execution of his father. Also, he made national education association which is named 규장각. Its purpose is to give a chance general person to get the highest level's education.
However, when he was 52-53 years old, he was suddenly dead. No one didn't know why he was dead in early age. Many people had a questions about his dead. From now, there was no evidence about his death.
201032013 이준혁 (JUN)
Rachel Im December 1st 2014
ReplyDeleteTopic: Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms. Other high schools permit students to decide what to wear to school. Which of these two school policies do you think is better?
High schools which require to wear school uniform is better I think. I prefer to wear uniforms in school to 'think less' about what students wear.
They can have some sense of belonging in school with friends. When in middle school and high school period, regulary students are highly sensitive.
Wearing uniforms can prevent comparing each other with making up.In addition , studentsdo not need that they feel in ferior, and they can focus to study all of the subject. As these facts are true, they could concerntrate om studying even more.
Some might wants to wear different clothes but as time passes by, they will realize uniforms are comfortable as a fact. Instead, transforming length or the shape of uniforms will be allowed.
I think school uniform is better, too. If school don't regulate students' dress, they will be spoiled. they will wear short skirt, high heels, and insufficiently-dressed clothes.
Delete201233344 강슬기 Selena
I also think school uniform is better. I think wearing school uniform is more convenient than wearing plain cloth. Students can reduce the time by wearing uniform. And I think uniform helps students feel a sense of unity.
Delete201231296 엄혜진(Jane)
I think most of the students think the school uniform is better.! When I think about my school time in middle school and high school I wonder why I didn't knew so much!
Delete201133764 임민지 (Rachel)
I want to give a very important advice to parents as a person who take care and teach some teenagers. Nowadays youth problem is so serious. Through that, i can see what is problem of youth. The modern society is so rich so people can get easily whatever they want. They never experience the hunger. Actually It is very dangerous for children, even it looks very good. If people don't be trained to bend their heart from the childhood, they can't control their desire after they growed. Therfore i want to tell "Sometimes, do not answear about your son's asking by purposely." It is a kind of training that make your son happy and a method of reducing youth problem. 201031043 Hwang Shin Young 황신영
ReplyDelete